Terms and conditions
Last updated May 24, 2018.
1. Right to information.
2. Overseer of the Treatment of Protection of Personal Data
We reserve the right to modify the GENIALLY service for any reason, and we will notify on our website of any substantial change in the service.
3. Obligation to provide us with your personal data and the consequences of not doing so.
Regarding the intellectual property rights over the content, Genially does not claim any intellectual property rights over the material you make with the tool.
In the case that Genially wished to use said material to modify it directly or indirectly (through other users), it would need the explicit consent of the user.
Nevertheless, the aspects derived from the spreading of said content appear listed in the "Clause of spreading of content"
4. Purpose, legitimacy, storage periods
5. Recipients of your data
GENIALLY offers the service both to people and companies. To obtain descriptions of all kinds of accounts and current available features, consult the Website of GENIALLY ("Website").
6. Rights regarding your personal data
The GENIALLY service can include content developed by third parties, including but not limited to, personalized tooltips and windows and content of third-party websites incorporated with images through the personalized tooltips and windows ("Third-party content).
7. Security of your personal data
When a user creates content, it is subject to the ability of the user to spread it in the way he or she wishes through the use of the URLs provided by the tool or through the downloading of said content in various formats (for premium users).
Content created is susceptible to being found on search engines (like any other content created on the internet). However, this aspect can be avoided or promoted through the Premium features that the platform facilitates, such as the control of access to the content with a password or SEO management.
On the other hand, Genially can use materials created by users for the spreading of its own brand, as long as it has previously obtained the user's consent, unless said materials have been previously distributed via an open access channel such as social media or web pages, in which case, it will not request previous consent.
8. Cookies Policy
We review all claims of copyright or other intellectual property right infringements received and remove the Content (including the tooltips and windows created with the Genially service) from the Genially service if such Content is deemed to have been annotated or displayed in violation of said laws.
To file a claim, please provide us with the following:
- A description of the work protected by copyright or another intellectual property right that has been infringed upon.
- A description of the Content and reasonably sufficient amount of infringing information to allow us to locate the infringing Content.
- Your contact information including your address, telephone number, and email address.
- A declaration made by you that you, without success, have requested that the provider of the infringing Content stop the infringing activity or that you have not been able to identify the provider of the infringing Content.
- A declaration by you that you believe in good faith that the use of infringing Content in the claimed way is not authorized by the owner of the rights, his or her agent, or the law.
- A declaration made by you that the information in the notification is exact and that you are the owner of the copyright or other intellectual property right or are the person authorized to act in that person's name.
- Your signature.
Claims can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
9. Updating of your information
In the case that you have a dispute with one or more users of Genially, you free Genially (and our employees) of claims, demands, and any kind of hurt, known or unknown, suspected and unsuspected, divulged or unrevealed, derived from or in any way related with those disputes.
We, our officials, directors, employees and providers offer our website and our services "as they are" and "according to availability".
We make no explicit, implicit or legal guarantee (including but not limited to the fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement) with respect to the use or results of the use of the GENIALLY service or of any third-party contents, to the full extent of the law.
In the case that a dispute emerges between you and GENIALLY, send an email to GENIALLY at email@example.com, and we will work quickly towards a solution. If we are unable to agreeably solve said controversy in its due time, said disputes will be resolved exclusively under legislation exclusively applicable in Spain. Nationals and foreigners that use this Web will be subject to this legislation.
For countries other than Spain, you can find more information at:
Last updated May 24, 2018.
THE USER is prohibited from taking any kind of action on our online portal that creates an excessive overload on the functioning of our IT systems such as the introduction of a virus, installation of robots, or software that alters the normal functioning of our web or that can cause harm to our IT systems.
General Regulations for the Use of the Service of GENIALLY WEB S.L.
You should not use Genially to create content that contains:
- no material protected with a copyright or intellectual property protection without previous notification and approval of the respective stopped property rights;
- no material that can be considered illegal, offensive, threatening, defaming, obscene, or other censurable material,
- no material that can result inappropriate for all audiences.
You should not use GENIALLY for illegal, fraudulent, or unauthorized purposes. You are in agreement with abiding by all local laws about the online code of conduct and acceptable content.
You should not copy any element of the GENIALLY service, including the code and design, or our name, registered brand, logotype or other proprietary information, without our previous written consent.
You should not try to bypass or violate any security measures or authentication measures established by GENIALLY.
You must not transmit any worms, viruses, or code of a destructive nature or interfere in any other way with the functioning of the GENIALLY service.
You should not provide us or any other user of the GENIALLY service with false and misleading information.
You should not try to replicate or bypass any of the features of the GENIALLY service with any unauthorized solutions created by you or a third party.